| || Sorry, this page has moved!|
Please click here to go to the new location.
Healthy Downey is a community collaborative that focuses on health and nutrition, creating a sustainable approach to wellness that will positively impact current and future generations through forming partnerships with committed community stakeholders.
Stay Healthy Downey 2014 Powerpoint presentation
Healthy Downey Resolution
Telecare Corporation- Discoveries Program Center for the Assessment and Prevention of Prodromal States (CAPPS)
Who is eligible?
- Ages 16-25
- Person lives in Service Area 6 or Service Area 7
- Has Medi-Cal or NO insurance
- Experiencing psychotic "loss of contact with reality" symptoms
For more information on Telecare Corporation and if you qualify for the CAPPS program, you may contact them at (562) 977-4988.
Their address is: 9901 Artesia Blvd. Bellflower, CA 90706
Their other office location is: 1315 N. Bullis Rd. #14 Compton, CA 90221
*You MUST have an appointment for this location*
The Human Services Association are looking for people who:
- Speak English or Spanish
- Are a parent/caregiver of children(s) 5 and under
- Are interested in making their community a healthier place
- You will be part of parenting workshops, grocery store tours, and food demonstrations.
Everything is FREE for the community!
Please contact Keshia for more information at (562) 806-5400 ext. 233 or email at email@example.com :
Mayor's Courage Award
Mayor Luis Vasquez is recognizing individuals who are committed to improving the lives of others within the city of Downey.
This award recognizes individuals in the community, who have exemplified exceptional courage in the face of adversity, performed an outstanding act of generosity or good deed, and/or determined to make our community and world a better place.
If selected, the person(s)/business will receive their award at a future Council Meeting during the ceremonial portion of the meeting.
Click the following link Mayor's Courage Award: . *Includes nomination criteria and nomination form*
Healthy Downey Tip of the Day:
(also on Twitter with hashtag #HDhealthytipoftheday)
Tip for Eating Healthy When Eating Out: Order an item from the menu instead heading for the "all-you-can-eat" buffet
(Brought to you by Choosemyplate.gov)
Stay Healthy Downey Meeting Recaps
For Healthy Downey Meeting Recaps, please click on one of the dates below:
- Tuesday, January 15, 2013
- Tuesday, February 5, 2013
- Tuesday, March 5, 2013
- Tuesday, April 9, 2013
- Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- Tuesday, July 9, 2013
- Tuesday, August 13, 2013
- Tuesday, September 10, 2013
- Tuesday, October 15, 2013
- Tuesday, November 12, 2013
- Tuesday, February 11, 2014
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- Tuesday, April 8, 2014
- Tuesday, May 13, 2014
- Tuesday, June 10, 2014
- Tuesday, July 8, 2014
- Tuesday, August 12, 2014
- Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- Monday, November 10, 2014
- Tuesday, December 9, 2014
- Tuesday, January 13, 2015
- Tuesday, February 10, 2015
- Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Healthy Downey 2014 Year in Review
Healthy Downey is on social media!
Stay Healthy Downey Partners