| || |
City of Downey Programs
Programs are currently unavailable.
For more information on this program contact:
Downey City Hall - 1st Floor
11111 Brookshire Avenue
Downey, CA 90241
L.A. County Programs
Mortgage Credit Certificate Program
The Mortgage Credit Certificate offers qualified first-time homebuyers a 15% federal income tax credit.
1. The homebuyer receives a federal tax credit each year.
2. The homebuyer’s federal income taxes are reduced.
3. The homebuyer’s buying power is increased.
Guidelines for Homebuyer:
1.Must have not owned a home the previous three years.
2. Must meet income and purchase prices restrictions.
3. Must use the home as their primary residence. The MCC program is administered by the Los Angeles County Community Development Commission. Additional information on eligibility and availability, including a list of authorized MCC lenders, can be obtained at http://www.lacdc.org/ or by calling (323) 890-7432 or (323)890-7248.
Southern California Financing Authority
This program offers qualified first-time homebuyers the opportunity to obtain a mortgage loan at decreased market rates.
Maximum Income Limits:
Qualifying 1 to 2 person households must have an income that does not exceed $102,480;
Qualifying 3 or more person households must have an income that does not exceed $119,560.
For more information call the Los Angeles County Community Development Commission at (323) 890-7249, or visit their website at http://www.lacdc.org/