On January 4, 2011 at 22:47 hours, Downey Fire responded to a reported residential structure fire in the 10200 block of Western Ave. Within 4 minutes of the call, Engine 63 arrived on-scene of a single-family residence reporting a possible attic fire. Upon further investigation, Downey Fire units found a fire resulting from a malfunctioning electrical wall plug. The fire had subsequently extended into the attic space. Fire units were able to quickly extinguish the concealed wall and attic fire. Downey Fire Investigators determined the initial cause of the fire to be from an electrical overload of the outlet which was powering an electrical space heater in the children’s bedroom. No injuries occurred as result of the fire.