The City of Downey, in partnership with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, will offer FREE flu vaccinations on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 from 12pm-4pm. The event will be held at the Downey Civic Theatre, located at 8435 Firestone Blvd, in Downey.
Flu vaccines will be offered at no charge to people who do not have health insurance or whose healthcare provider does not offer flu vaccines.
Flu vaccines are recommended for everyone six months of age and older, including healthy adults. It is especially important to receive a flu vaccine if you are:
· 6 months through 18 years old
· 50 years or older
· Pregnant or just had a baby
· Morbidly obese
· A healthcare provider
· Living in a nursing or other long-term care home
· Living with a weakened immune system or a chronic medical condition (such as diabetes, heart disease, or lung disease).
· Living with or caring for someone under 5 years old, 50 years or age or older or with a chronic medical condition.
Clinic dates and times are subject to change. Please call the L.A. County Department of Public Health at 562-464-5350 to confirm in advance. More information can be found by logging on to www.publichealth.lacounty.gov.