The use of the Parks and Recreation Department facilities is for family or neighborhood related social functions. The facilities may not be used for business use or monetary gain that results from the exchange of money or events that conflict with City of Downey programming. No advertisement, petitions, or solicitations is allowed.
How to Make a Reservation
- You must be a resident of the City of Downey to reserve a park building or shelter except for the Apollo Park Activity Room, Golden Park Ball Field and Rio San Gabriel Ball Fields as those sites only can also be reserved out by non-Downey residents.
- Reservations must be made a minimum of (2) two weeks to a maximum of six months prior to the scheduled event.
- All reservations forms must be signed and fees paid before reservation request can be considered for approval.
- All reservations must be made in person and are based on a first-come, first-serve basis. No reservations will be taken over the telephone, email, mail or fax.
Items to Bring
Please bring the following to the Parks & Recreation Department Office:
- Current Downey utility bill (water, gas, electric, or landline); must be a hard copy unless reserving out the Apollo Park Activity Room, Golden Park Ball Field, or Rio San Gabriel Park Ball Fields as those sites only can be reserved out by non-residents as well.
- Driver's license or CA ID with Downey address
- Full payment (cash, check, or credit card)
|Facility||Resident Fee||Commercial Fee|
|Picnic Shelter (4 hour minimum)||$26.00 per hour||$39.00 per hour|
|Activity Room (2 hour minimum)||$37.00 per hour||$63.00 per hour|
|Kitchen(2 hour minimum)||$26.00 per hour||$42.00 per hour|
|Baseball/Athletic Field||$21.00 per hour||$34.00 per hour|
- Fishing Lakes
- Picnic Tables
- Parks & Facilities
- Reservable Facility
Wilderness Park is located off of Florence Avenue adjacent to the 605 Freeway. The park features two lakes and fishing is allowed. It is a beautiful park for birthday parties, family picnics and social gatherings. The park has a playground designed for children 2 -12 years of age. There are restrooms available to the public during hours of operation.
The park has open green space for picnicking, picnic tables, and barbeques, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Parking lot fees are charged on Saturday, Sunday and major holidays. City of Downey residents will be able to park for free by showing a driver's license or CA identification card with Downey address. All non-residents will be required to pay $5 per vehicle per entry to park. Payable by cash only.
For more information, please call the Parks and Recreation Department at (562) 904-7238 or visit us at:
Parks & Recreation Department
7850 Quill Drive
Downey, CA 90242
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm
Closed on major holidays