Who is Eligible to Purchase a Niche?
Anyone who meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Resident of the District.
- Non-district resident who purchased an interment space while they were still residing within the District.
- Persons who pay taxes on property located within the District.
- Non-district residents who formerly paid property taxes on property located within the District and purchased an interment space while they were paying those property taxes.
- Persons who are family members and/or registered domestic partners of any elibible person.
What are the Costs Involved?
Niche prices range between $800 - $1,300 plus an endowment fee of $250.Open and Close Fees Monday through Thursday $806.00, Saturday, based on staff availability, additional rates and charges will apply.Fees/rates are payable to the Downey Cemetery District.Checks and cashier checks are the only form of payment accepted.Fees/rates are subject to change without notice.
What are the Niche Specifications?
The niches are double capacity, allowing up to two cremated remains per space.Each niche has an internal dimension of 9 3/4" W x 9 3/4" H x 9 3/4" D.
When can I visit?
The Downey Cemetery is open every day from sunrise to sunset.
Where is it located?
The Downey Cemetery is located at:
9073 Gardendale Street
Downey, CA 90242