Detectives assigned to Crimes Against Persons are divided into several different areas; Robbery/Homicide, Domestic Violence, Juvenile, Sex Crimes/Child Abuse and General Investigations, which includes criminal threats, assaults, restraining order violations and other various crimes. The Crimes Against Persons detectives often investigate the most serious crimes.
In addition, the sex crimes investigators actively monitor local sex registrants to ensure their compliance with the registration requirements of the California Penal Code. Our juvenile detectives work closely with the Downey Unified School District.
Juvenile Assistance Programs
- Ten-Twenty Club's Gang Intervention (562) 622-1020
- California Youth Crisis Line (800) 843-5200
- Tough Love (800) 333-1069
- Exchange Club Family Support Center (562) 904-9590
- Youth in Crisis (562) 925-9193
- Consolidated Youth Services Network (562) 630-1445
- Teen Rescue (800) 494-2200
- Ca. National Guard Youth Programs (camp) (916) 854-3492