Our Office Engineering Section oversees engineering operations including reviewing and approving residential and commercial development projects, issuing permits; maintaining engineering records and maps; and responding to public inquiries.
- Provide survey, engineering, and construction management services.
- Review and approve street improvement and grading/drainage for compliance with the local and City code of laws and policies.
- Inspect construction of roadways to be publicly dedicated.
- Review and approve of final subdivision parcel/tract maps for recordation into the Official Records at Los Angeles County.
- Administer construction improvements and inspection of utilities such as water and sewer construction. Also, underground utilities within the public right-of-way.
- Permit issuance and inspection of commercial and residential standards.
- Administer permitting and inspection of driveway connections to the City’s roadway system.
- Provide GIS data and graphical presentations with the automated systems.
- Provide information to the general public inquiries such as flood mapping, aerial photography, property lines and lot dimensions as well as parkway width; centerline ties etc.
- Develop, administer and manage contractual agreements with outside consultants and contractors.
- Provide data and participate in litigation issues for and against City of Downey.
- Administer the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) requirements as established by the Clean Water Act.